4 Cleveland road, Paignton,Devon
Telephone 01803 556932
Resident Proprietors: Peter and Christine Lloyd.
Since moving to Paignton we realise how lucky we are to live in this wonderful part of The country. We feel that it is our responsibility to help to preserve the local environment
so that we, our guests and future generations can continue to enjoy it.
We believe that we can operate a sustainable tourism business by reducing the effects of the business on the environment without compromising quality, comfort and safety. We have been part of the The Green Tourism Business Scheme for four years and have achieved a Gold award.
Sustainable Tourism takes into account the needs of the environment, local residents, businesses, and visitors; now and in the future.
By taking a realistic look at the way we operate our business and making a series of small changes we were able to achieve many of our objectives whilst at the same time increasing the quality of the service we offer.
In conjunction with the GTBS criteria we have have an ongoing program of improvements in the following areas;-
- Conserving resources......... energy, water, oil etc
- Reduce waste....................eliminate,reduce, reuse recycle
- minimising pollution.............environmentally friendly cleaning materials, aternative transport
- support the local econonmy and environment.........local produce where possible, conservation projects
- Sustainable purchasing...........Recyled materials, Fairtrade
These actions not only benefit the local and global environment but also have a beneficial impact on the business and our guests. Better management allow a greater investment into the business and improve the servce that we offer.
To see in more detail the reasons for "going green" and our actions follow the links above